Erich is a HR advocate, DiSC nerd, and connection coach who helps organizations build and grow teams that value productive communication with diverse personality styles. He also spent 16 years at Compass Group plc which is the largest contract foodservice company in the world employing over 500,000 people.
Ross and Erich talk about the stories behind his beliefs, psychology, philosophy, HR, and working at Compass Group plc. The pair also discuss the business of people, growth, meaningful and fulfilling work, productivity, being heard, adaptability, leadership, introverts, networking, looking for a job, being of service and developing.
- 01:18 Erich's origins and getting his degree in psychology and philosophy
- 04:32 Experiences at Compass Group plc and HR
- 09:16 Erich's belief that workplace communication can be productive, collaborative, and respectful
- 12:31 Tips on effective communication in a remote world
- 20:06 Erich's belief that each one of us is capable of leading with greater influence
- 24:18 A story where introverts have underestimated their ability to network professionally
- 30:47 Job seekers benefit from regaining confidence and control in their search
- 36:08 Being your own cheerleader or critic
- 39:21 The power of intentional service to others
- 45:37 The last time Erich did something for the first time
- 50:05 Tips to deal with change that's ever accelerating
Connect with Erich
Connect with Ross: